Board of Health
Town Hall and Zoom
A meeting of the Board of Health
Topic: Board of Health
Time: Sep 7, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 879 6500 4170
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,87965004170# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 309 205 3325 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 719 359 4580 US
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 386 347 5053 US
+1 564 217 2000 US
+1 669 444 9171 US
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 879 6500 4170
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kdeUsPbwaj
Meeting of Board of Health
- Absent: Barbara Seamon
- Present: John Hillman, at 7:04 PM
- Present: Peter Sylvan, at 7:09 PM
- Present: Mary Ryan, at 7:00 PM
- Present: Nick Venti, at 7:00 PM
- Susan Nagy - Clerk
- Health Agent - Stephen Ball
- Ben Goldberg
Approved Meeting Minutes
Meeting opened: 7:00 PM
Meeting closed: 9:16 PM
Meeting Opened / Attendance Taken (see above).
No minutes to approve.
- Call meeting to order and review minutes of the previous meeting.
- General Information
- 1. Received Certificate of Analysis from White Water, Inc., dated 8/23/2022 for Hampshire Franklin Children's Day Care. Fluoride = results 3.64 mcl 4
- 2. Received Certification of Ananlysis from White Water, Inc., dated 8/23/2022 - Kitchen - Dishwashing Sink. Absent of Coliform and E-Coli.
- 3. 250th Committee - Health Agent, Stephen Ball will respond to committee chairs, Susan Maraneck and Maureen Ippolitto regarding the community BBQ.
- 4. Grant with Greenfield - Health Agent, Stephen Ball attended the last meeting. they discussed working with mutual aid so standardization of routine inspections and software updates for the 6 towns participating.
- Citizens Business: Permits and general questions for the board.
- 1. 11 Jackson Hill Rd., owner Grace Meldon. Received Form 9 Application for Local Upgrade Approval from William J. Sieruta. Also received DSCP Application for repair of complete system. 4 bedroom design by William J. Sieruta. Received from William J. Sieruta check#231, dated 8/15/2022 for $300.00 for DSCP Application. Assigned DSCP#R2022-09-09B. Received a letter from William J. Sieruta dated 9/2/20222 requesting variance 218-6.1.
Also received a letter from Health Agent, Stephen Ball dated 9/5/2022 stating that approval of the repair would require variance 218-6-1 of local regulations.
MOTION, moved by John Hillman, seconded by Peter Sylvan: To approve local variance 218-6.1 to reduce well setback 150' to 114'.
Pass: Aye: John Hillman.
MOTION, moved by John Hillman, seconded by Nick Venti: To approve DSCP#R2022-09-07B for 11 Jackson Hill Road contingent upon signature of applicant. .
Pass: Aye: Nick Venti, Peter Sylvan, John Hillman. Not Present: Mary Ryan, Barbara Seamon.
- 2. 176 Long Plain Rd., owners Michelle Archer and Bob Strong; issued Well Permit signed by J. Hillman. Well driller Henshaw Well Drilling. Received from Michelle Archer check#5205, dated 8/23/2022 for $75.00 for Well Permit.
- 3. 7 Sprinkle Rd., owner Corine Kolasiecski - Received a letter from Health Agent, Stephen Ball dated 9/7/2022. (see attached) Received DSCP Application Assigned DSCP#R2022-09-07A. (no signature or fee received)
MOTION, moved by Nick Venti, seconded by Mary Ryan: To accept DSCP Application #R2022-09-07A repair of septic 7 Sprinkle contingent upon signature of homeowner and fee of $300 DSCP and $150 for Soil Evaluation.
Pass: Aye: Nick Venti, Peter Sylvan, John Hillman, Mary Ryan. Not Present: Barbara Seamon.
- 4. 20 Cushman Rd., owner Henry Whitlock, received ''As Built'' Inspection Certificate Letter from William J. Sieruta.
- 5. 88 Jackson Hill Rd., owner James Hicks reported a dry well (after heavy rain the immediate crisis is over) the owner wants to continue that process for a new well. There was a Well Construction Permit issued on 10/5/2010. N. Venti signed a new Well Construction Permit. No fee charged.
- 6. 213 Pratt Corner Rd., owner Liz Scheffey progress is being made on receiving a signed COC.
- 7. 487 Long Plain Rd., owner Ronald Williams. Map 1 Parcel 51 - Received plans dated 8/10/22 from B. Siruta PE, No DSCP submitted (4 bedroom gravity trenches) Received a letter from Health Agent, Stephen Ball dated 9/5/2022. (see attached)
- 8. Ben Goldberg representing owner of seasonal camp/cabin on Camp Rd proposed to have a greywater system - genral discussion
- Motion made by Nick Venti to Adjourn and schedule next meeting. Seconded by Mary Ryan. Unanimous consent Adjourned at 9:20
MOTION, moved by John Hillman, seconded by Peter Sylvan: .
Pass: Aye: John Hillman, Peter Sylvan. Not Present: Cynthia Baldwin , Lizzie Alwan.
- Next Meetings:
- Mon, Sep 19, at 7:00 PM "Board of Health" -- Town Hall and Zoom
- Mon, Oct 3, at 7:00 PM "Board of Health" -- Town Hall and Zoom
- Mon, Oct 17, at 7:00 PM "Board of Health" -- Town Hall and Zoom
- Mon, Nov 7, at 7:00 PM "Board of Health" -- Town Hall and Zoom
- Mon, Nov 21, at 7:00 PM "Board of Health" -- Town Hall and Zoom
- Mon, Dec 5, at 7:00 PM "Board of Health" -- Town Hall and Zoom
Meeting Closed at 9:16 PM.
- Next Meetings:
Minutes prepared by Susan Nagy
Minutes approved on Monday, Aug 21, 2023
Posted to: Board of Health.